Thursday 11 August 2011

family time

So it's fair to say I've had a pretty jam packed week this week. Took the weekend off work to travel down to the  sea side resort of Bournemouth, where my loving grandparents reside in a beautiful penthouse apartment which  over looks Poole harbor. My family and I had made the two and a half hour car journey on a sunny Saturday morning to visit and celebrate my Grandfathers 80th birthday. It wasn't until we were all sat around the dining room table laughing and discussing the various events that had occurred in each of our lives over past weeks, that it really hit me how old 80 is. I mean, i'm only 20 years old and I can't remember what I was like when I was 10, so does this mean when I'm 30 I won't remember who I am now? If you really think about it, life is hard. And if you live to see yourself at the grand old age of 80 or 60 or even 40, you should be incredibly proud of yourself. Because as young as 20 is, the older I get, the harder life is becoming. With age comes responsibility, and lets be honest, no one wants to be responsible. We're all big kids at heart (well at least I am) I just hope that if I follow in my grandfathers footsteps and reach the big 8.0. that I can remember what it was like to be 20 and how easy life really was.

My Grandad Ray & I
The Family



No comments:

Post a Comment